If you've purchased from Connecteam a white label app, added to your annual subscription, you'll find this article extremely useful!
Unlike Google, Apple does not approve company apps for internal use to be published on the App Store. Instead, the apps need to be downloaded from the Apple Enterprise Store. It may sound a bit complicated at first, but if you follow these steps, you'll find it's easier than it seems. Plus, we're always here to assist! Let's get to it:
For iOS fully-branded apps for internal use, your organization is required to open an 'Apple Enterprise Developer Account'. The release of your iOS App may take as many as 60 days from the beginning of the process, hence better to start it as early as possible. Below are the instructions and links to guide you through the process.
Step 1: Before you enroll in Apple's Enterprise Developer Program:
- The Enterprise program is only intended for a company/organization who is creating an app to be used only by their employees. These apps should not be distributed to the general public or your customers under any circumstances.
- Your company/organization must be a legal entity. Apple does not accept DBA's, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches.
- Your company/organization must have a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple can verify you are a legal entity. Your company might already have a D-U-N-S number assigned, check this link before enrolling.
- If you don't have a D-U-N-S number, you can obtain one here. If you want more background have a look at this Wiki-how link and this FAQ section.
- You will need to create an Apple ID (What is Apple ID?). Here is a quick link for creating an Apple ID.
- You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
- If you have already enrolled in Apple's standard Developer program with an existing Apple ID, you must enroll in the Enterprise program with a different Apple ID.
- After your account has been fully setup/activated, there is a 2-week (14-day) waiting period before we can create the files we need in your account.
Step 2: Enroll in Apple's Enterprise program using this link.
Step 3: Read through the "What You Need To Know" items, then click 'Start Your Enrollment' at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Input your Apple ID information and select your Entity Type.
Step 5: Select the type of authority you have to enroll the company/organization in the Enterprise program.
Step 6: Fill out your organization's information.
Once you have finished the process, Apple will contact you to verify your information and will send you a direct link so you can make the payment to finalize your enrollment in the Enterprise program.
After your account has been fully setup/activated, there is a 2-week (14-day) waiting period before we can make use of your account to publish your App, so moving the process forward ASAP is crucial.
After you successfully enrolled, we'll ask you to invite us as a new admin to the account. To do so, please see this link and contact us to request an email address.
Once the app is ready for distribution, we'll assist you with that as well in order to provide your employees with the best user experience.