Updates are a great way to engage employees and interact with them. Think of the Updates as your social wall. The new design that Updates have will allow you to communicate with and involve your employees in your company's day to day.
When should I use Updates?
- Birthdays and newborns
- Employee benefits
- New employees
- Company news
- Weather updates
- Employee recognition
- Send files
- Share locations of meetings, celebrations, etc.
Let's go over these easy steps to create an Update!
- Click Updates on your side bar.
- Click Add new.
- Type your Update. You can choose different backgrounds.
- Choose an object. You can upload one object per Update except for the Image and video object. You can upload an image and a GIF to the same update.
- Click next.
- Assign the content to smart groups or select employees.
- Create a custom notification and click send.
So what's new?
- New Backgrounds
- New Attachments
- Integrated preview: see what you are creating live!
- More engagement: employees can see the Update directly from the feed. No need to click the Update to view it
What will happen with the older type Updates?
If you're using Connecteam prior to April 2019, this may be relevant for you.
Employees will still be able to see old Updates. Here is how all old Updates will look: