Connecteam is an extremely customizable platform, and different companies from different industries utilize it in different ways.
Our time clock and scheduling features can be used separately or synced. If you're new to Connecteam, those features will be synced by default if both are activated, but it's important to know that there are more options.
If you're looking to un-sync your schedule and time clock, you can stop reading this article and click here to quickly learn how to perform the un-sync.
How to sync the schedule with the time clock?
Performing the sync is a simple and quick action.
- First, have the schedule and time clock activated.
- Access the schedule or time clock you wish to sync and click on the "options" button
- From the dropdown menu, select "sync with time clock/ schedule"
- Then, you'll be able select an existing schedule or time to clock to sync with, or create add new
- That's it, you're all set!
What happens once my schedule and time clock are synced?
- Jobs will be unified and synced between the schedule and time clock
- Adding new jobs, editing and removing existing jobs from the schedule will affect the time clock and vice versa
- Users will be able to clock-in directly from the schedule. All time tracking records will be shown in the time clock's timesheets
- New shortcuts button will be added to your synced schedule and time clock for quicker access to each feature
- You'll be able to use everything the time clock has to offer, like automated unpaid breaks, overtime, absence management and more.
I synced my time clock and schedule, and now I can't see when employees are checkin' in and completing their jobs on my schedule. Why?
If you want to use the "check in" and "complete" statuses in the schedule, you can't use the sync function. The check in and complete statuses are for compliance purposes mainly and has nothing to do with time spent on job, as the time should be spent is scheduled.
Un-sync the features and employees will be able to use the time clock to track work hours, while reporting when starting and ending a job on their schedule with the check in and complete statuses.
How many schedules and time clocks can be synced?
Basic plan users can have 1 time clock and 1 schedule; Advanced plan users can have 3 time clock and 3 schedule; Expert plan users can have 6 time clock and 6 schedule; Enterprise plan users can add unlimited time clocks and schedules.
A schedule can be synced with one time clock. You can't sync multiple schedules to one time clock or multiple time clocks to one schedule.
Do employees have to access the schedule in order to clock in and out?
When clocking in from a shift in the schedule, the time clock automatically tracks time for that job.
Employees can also clock in directly from the time clock, but they will need to select a job as always (previously called "tags").
Can employees track time for jobs that are not scheduled?
Yes. They can simply open the time clock and clock in. It's that easy :)