Customized categories are a powerful tool when it comes to customizing your 'App Layout'. Think of customized categories as folders that can contain a whole variety of 'objects' in an order of your choosing. Objects can be a PDF file, an image, text, videos, a link, and much more - for the full list see the image below:
To create a new customized category use the 'Add New' button at the bottom of your dashboard:
For each customized category, you can create sub-folders, called an 'asset'. To add a new asset, navigate to your customized category and click the 'Add New' button:
You will automatically be directed to the new asset where you'll be able to give it a name, choose a logo, and where you can start adding objects of your choosing. If you wish, you can also create another layer of sub folders by clicking the 'Add section' button.
Once you have finished creating your objects, it is time to publish them and make your content available on the app. To do so, look for the 'Publish' button:
An important tip: Use multiple assets if you wish to publish content for different groups, that way you can assign each asset to a different audience. See for example the image below - 'Welcome to KPH' is content that is available to all users, but 'Cashier Onboarding' is assigned only to the Cashiers group:
5 Tips for your app:
- Create an onboarding feature to save time and money for newly hired employees.
- Use Customize to share files with your team and have it all under one roof. There’s no storage limit!
- Create a knowledge base of files and build libraries, so employees have everything they need in any matter.
- You can connect web-services and links to the app by copying and pasting the URL.
- Create a training course by adding multiple objects in one flow. For example, a PDF or text to read instructions, a video for visual explanation, and a quiz to confirm knowledge.