This is your 'How To Build My Company App' if you are a cleaning company. We gathered examples of best practices from leading companies in the market to help you identify what can be relevant for your company - check it out!
Cleaning companies use Connecteam for
- Daily Cleaning Checklists, Digital Forms and Reports
- Tracking Work Time For Payroll
- Assigning Shifts and Service Assignments to Cleaners
- Compliance Purposes
- On-boarding New Cleaners
- Streamlining Communication
- Making SOPs and Company Protocols Available
- Raising Safety Standards and Awareness
1. Daily Cleaning Checklists, digital Forms and Reports
As day-to-day operations are a core element for cleaning companies, checklists and reports are commonly used to reduce friction from day-to-day activities, automate information flow, improve response time, and gain better oversight. Here are some popular examples:
- Cleaning confirmation form
- Daily cleaning checklists - including images, descriptions ,yes and no questions and more.
- Weekly cleaning checklists
- Monthly cleaning checklists
- Site/facility inspection (to be filled by a supervisor / inspector)
- Equipment return
- Repair order ticket (broken equipment / corrupted carpet etc.)
- Report an issue
- Inventory count checklist
- Stock order form (items and quantity)
- Stock drop off form
- Customer service approval - a cleaner getting the customer to sign they reviewed the service results and that they are pleased with the result.
- Incident report
- Expense reimbursement
- Employee performance review
Note: All documents are digitally logged, can be easily shared as a PDF or exported to Excel. There's no limit on the number of documents stored and the number of submissions doesn't affect the price of the service.
2. Tracking Work Time For Payroll
Taking advantage of mobile phones availability, cleaning companies use Connecteam for time tracking and payroll sheets:
- For clocking in and out of shifts with a GEO location stamp
- Leveraging predefined reminders settings to make sure employees are clocking in and out on time
- Utilizing tags, shift attachments and notes to know exactly how much time was allocate to every customer / to any type of job.
- To manage and approve leave and time off for employees.
- Exporting payroll sheets, per shift or as a total.
3. Assigning Shifts and Service Calls to Cleaners
For dispatching and managing service user's calls, cleaning companies utilize Connecteam's Job Scheduling feature to provide all relevant information to the cleaners easily and in one place:
- Assigning cleaners for services based on different requirements.
- Providing all relevant information including time, address and special instructions.
- Utilizing notifications to make sure cleaners arrive on time, and to notify the manager if someone runs late.
- Keeping records of check-in / check-out time and location, and allowing for shift notes and comments.
- Allowing employees to accept/reject shifts (optional - can be disabled).
4. Compliance purposes
When it comes to compliance, 'Read and sign' forms are common, as well as periodical refresher training courses. All documents are logged and automatically sent as a PDF copy to predefined email(s) that can be customized per each form, and users can export a summary report at any time.
Read and sign documents include:
- Employee handbook acknowledgment
- Use of hazardous materials
- Health and safety
- Uniform agreement
- Sexual harassment policy
- Incident findings report
- Other read and sign documents.
5. On-boarding New Cleaners
The need to deal with high employee turnover and to provide a high level of service leads cleaning companies to build an in-app on-boarding process to help make development more efficient and quick. Usually this incorporates:
- A formal letter welcoming the employee to the company
- Guidance checklist "New employee checklist"
- Personal information form (personal info, contact info, emergency contact)
- Background and Security Check Compliance forms
- Employee Uniform order and Agreement form
- Nondisclosure agreement
- Training (for more details, please refer to section 9 below)
- Declaration of pre-booked holidays
- Read & Sign of appropriate forms
6. Streamlining Communication
Communicating with teams is critical but not easy to achieve in a dynamic environment with a majority of the workforce on the go. Some of the communication methods and tools used to overcome this challenge include:
- Employee directory - making it easy to find the contact details of team members with full permission management.
- Chat groups and channels - to streamline day-to-day communication easily and efficiently, easily create internal groups for sites or small teams.
- Realtime push notifications and updates: for both formal and informal announcements. A few examples of these announcements include:
7. Making SOPs and Company protocols available
The most common resources cleaning companies usually make available for their employees on the App include:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Safety and emergency protocols
- Employee handbook
- Code of ethics
- Sexual harassment policy
- Uniform policy
8. Raising Safety Standards and Awareness
Cleaning companies raise their safety standards and create a 'safety first' awareness by letting employees report in realtime, make safety information available and communicate safety related topics. Some of the best practices include:
- Quick and easy reporting - making it easy for all employees, wherever they are, to report in realtime, and automatically send this to the relevant officer/supervisor for further evaluation and response.
- Safety digital resources - making all safety protocols, tips and resources available in a click, as well as 'lessons learned', incident findings, and periodical safety tips.
- Ongoing safety trainings - allowing managers and safety officers to keep close track of progress on the individual level.
- Safety first communication - distribution and communication of safety related updates and protocols. Some examples may include incident finding reports, updates and guide on the use of hazardous materials and equipment, real-time updates and more.
9. Human Resource Needs
HR teams and executives in cleaning companies leverage Connecteam for automating of processes and to gain better control over workforce related issues:
- Recommend a friend - making it easy for the workforce to recommend friends for a position which helps increase their recruitment reach.
- Vacation/sick leave request management - users receive an automatic update if requests were denied or approved.
- Personal information form for on-boarding new employees (personal info, contact info, emergency contact, documents such as tax forms /photo ID etc.)
- Updating contact information (Address /name / mobile/ email /bank account change)
- Employee satisfaction surveys or performance reviews.
In-app training is mostly used to reach every single employee and keep track of progress and execution of trainings on subjects such as:
- Health and safety training
- Proper use of hazardous materials trainings
- Sexual harassment training
- Equipment usage and maintenance
- Test and quizzes.