If you've purchased from Connecteam a white label app, added to your annual subscription, you'll find this article extremely useful!
For iOS fully-branded apps for internal use, your organization is required to open an 'Apple Developer Account'. The release of your iOS App will usually take 2-4 weeks after you finished enrolling to the Apple Developer program. Hence better to start it as early as possible. Below are the instructions and links to guide you through the process.
Step 1: Before you enroll in Apple's Developer Program:
- Your company/organization must be a legal entity. Apple does not accept DBA's, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches.
- Your company/organization must have a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple can verify you are a legal entity. Your company might already have a D-U-N-S number assigned, check this link before enrolling. If you are not sure if you have an official D-U-N-S number, best to approach your internal compliance officer / legal council, in most cases they will know if you do.
- If you don't have a D-U-N-S number, you can obtain one here. If you want more background have a look at this Wiki-how link and this FAQ section.
- You will need to create an Apple ID (What is Apple ID?). Here is a quick link for creating an Apple ID. This Apple ID will serve the organization going forward, so it's important to safeguard the password and to have an apple device connected to it for 2FA verification purposes.
- You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee to enroll. Remember that as part of the verification process, apple may call to verify you have the authority to register on behalf of your organization.
- After your account has been fully setup/activated, you will be asked to provide credit card details for the yearly subscription ($99 a year). And once payment is processed there is a 2 day waiting period before we can create the files we need in your account.
Step 2: Enroll in Apple's Developer Program using this link.
Below you'll find a step by step guide for the enrollment process with relevant screenshots. You can also watch this 3mins youtube video providing a step by step explanation on the enrollment process.
Step 3: Read through the "What You Need To Know" items, then click 'Start Your Enrollment' at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Input your Apple ID information and select your Entity Type.
Step 5: fill in your D-U-N-S number and legal name (The exact same name used for the D-U-N-S number):
Step 6: Select the type of authority you have to enroll the company/organization in the Enterprise program.
Step 7: Fill out your organization's information and organizational contact details.
Remember: the verification contact may be contacted by Apple over phone to confirm your are indeed allowed to enroll on behalf of the organization.
Once you have finished the process, Apple will contact you to verify your information and will send you a direct link so you can make the payment to finalize your enrollment in the Enterprise program.
After your account has been fully setup/activated and paid for, there is a 2 days waiting period before we can make use of your account to publish your App, so moving the process forward ASAP is crucial.
After you successfully enrolled, we'll ask you to invite us as a new admin to the account. To do so, please see this link and contact us to request an email address.
Once the app is ready for distribution, we'll assist you with that as well in order to provide your employees with the best user experience.